Sunday School Lesson
Unit Theme: Early Jewish History, Genesis 12—50
October 1, 2023 (Lesson 5)
JOSEPH AND PHARAOH
- Pharaoh’s Disturbing Dreams (Genesis 41:1-13)
- Joseph’s God-Given Interpretation and Plan (Genesis 41:14-38)
- Joseph’s Faithfulness Rewarded (Genesis 41:39-57)
Central Truth: God gives wisdom and understanding to His followers.
Focus: Perceive that God rewards the faithful and steadfastly follow Him.
Evangelism Emphasis: Godly wisdom is a witness to unbelievers.
Golden Text: “God hath caused me [Joseph] to be fruitful in the land of my affliction” (Genesis 41:52).
- God Defends Moses’ Faithfulness (Numbers 12:1-9)
- Faithfulness Results in Leadership (Nehemiah 7:1-4)
- W. The Faithful Persecuted (Daniel 6:1-5)
- Faithfulness Commended and Rewarded (Matthew 25:14-23)
- Faithfulness Highlighted (Colossians 1:1-8)
- Faithful and True Sayings (Revelation 22:1-7)